In Sprint Cup Series competition the #80 car has started 216 races and has 1 win, 1 pole, 14 top 5s, 40 top 10s, and 106 DNFs
- Jimmy Horton drove car #80 in 22 starts from 1987-1990. Horton was a well known local racer in New Jersey and found success several times in the ARCA series. He would occassionally compete in Cup Series races run in the northeast, and substitute-drove the #17 car for the injured Darrell Waltrip in a few races in 1990. Horton started a total of 48 races in his career.
- Early in his career Jim Paschal drove the #80 in 20 races for George Hutchens. In 1953, Paschal drove his #80 Dodge to victory lane at Martinsville. It was Paschal’s first career win. Paschal would make starts in the number in 1954 & 1955 as well.
- Joe Gibbs Racing has occasionally used #80 as an R&D entry. In 2003 & 2004 Mike Bliss ran a total of 5 races in the number. The car was run again in 2007 for Aric Almirola at Las Vegas.
- In 1992, a young sprint car driver named Dave Blaney would make his first Winston (Sprint) Cup start in #80 at Rockingham, finishing 36. Blaney would also attempt to qualify in Atlanta that year, but failed to qualify. His next Cup Series start would be 7 years later in 1999.
- Other notable names in #80
- Neil Castles, 20 starts
- EJ Trivette, 17 starts
- Jimmie Lewallen, 12 starts
- Worth McMillion, 12 starts
- Bill Rexford, 6 starts
- Andy Hillenburg, 5 starts
- Carl Long, 2 starts