Car number 69 has started 103 races and has 0 wins, 1 pole, 5 top 5s, 20 top 10s, and 46 DNFs in the NASCAR Cup Series
- Johnny Allen has the most starts in the #69 car with 26 from 1960-1961 & 1963. Allen’s best finish in the car was a 2nd place in the 1960 Atlanta 500. Allen finished one lap behind winner Bobby Johns.
In the 1961 Volunteer 500 at Bristol, Allen retired his #69 car early after it caught fire. Jack Smith had lead most of the early part of the race, but needed a relief driver. Allen took the wheel of the #46 car and went on to win the race. The win is credited to Smith since he started the car. It was the first NASCAR race at Bristol.
- Denny Wilson started his one and only NASCAR Cup Series race at Watkins Glen in 1992. Wilson parked the car after 9 laps and finished 38th of 39 starters. It was the last time #69 was started in a Cup race.
- Greg Biffle has never started a race in #69, but following his 2016 release from his #16 Roush Fenway Racing ride, Biffle “announced” on twitter that he would drive the #69 car in 2017 for a team yet to be named. The playful statement may just be wishful thinking, but that didn’t stopped The Biff from courting sponsors for his fictitious #69 car.
- Other notable names in #69
- Volney Schulze, 12 starts
- David Mote, 7 starts
- Bill Kimmel, 3 starts
- LeeRoy Yarbrough, 2 starts
- Hershel McGriff, 2 starts
- Buddy Arrington, 1 start
- Trevor Boys, 1 start
- Possum Jones, 1 start