In Sprint Cup Series competition the #68 car has started 397 races and has 0 wins, 2 pole, 10 top 5s, 56 top 10s, and 170 DNFs.
- Bob Derrington has the most starts in #68 with 71 of his 80 career starts from 1964-1966. Derrington only lead one lap in his NASCAR career- at the Bridgehampton Race Circuit in 1964.
- Bobby Hamilton drove the #68 in an appropriate total of 68 races. Hamilton broke into the Winston Cup ranks in a very unusual way. He was asked to drive one of the “movie cars” for the 1990 film Days of Thunder, qualifying fifth in a movie car at the 1989 Autoworks 500 in Phoenix, in a car that was not intended to be competitive. The car was the #51 Exxon-sponsored machine, portrayed in the movie as being driven by the character Rowdy Burns. He led five laps but finished 32nd after an engine failure.
Impressed by his performance, the Tri-Star team hired Hamilton to drive their #68 Country Time Lemonade car for a few races in the 1990 season. In 1991 he entered almost all of the races and narrowly beat Ted Musgrave for Rookie of the Year honors. In 1992, he had two Top 10s and finished 25th in points. He began 1993 with Tri-Star but was released early in the season. He spent the rest of the season in the Cup and Busch Series, and landed a ride in the SABCO #40 for the 1994 season.
- Larry Baumel started 39 races in #68 from 1970-1971. The Wisconsin native started only 45 races in his Cup Career, but also raced #68 in the USAC Late Model series.
- Ed Livingston ran 39 of his 45 career races in #68 from 1961-1964. The South Carolina driver was never very competetive on the track, other than, in 1964, when Livingston had an impressive showing at Jacksonville. Completing 195 of the 202 laps, Livingston finished 4th. However, after a finish of 43rd later in the year at Darlington Speedway, Livingston retired.
- Janet Guthrie was not the first woman to compete in NASCAR, but is certainly remembered as one of the first competitive females in the sport. She was the first woman to compete in both the Daytona 500 and Indianapolis 500, and at Bristol in 1977 she finished 6th, the best finish by a woman in NASCAR. In 2014 Danica Patrick tied this mark with a 6th place finish at Atlanta. Guthrie started 31 of her 33 career Cup Series races in #68.
- Other notable names in #68
- Derrike Cope, 29 starts
- Lennie Pond, 24 starts
- Greg Sacks, 18 starts
- Neil Castles, 4 starts
- Curtis Crider, 2 starts
- Buddy Baker, 1 start
- Tiny Lund, 1 start
- Hut Stricklin, 1 start
- Ron Fellows, 1 start