Car number 58 has started 133 races and has 1 win, 0 poles, 7 top 5s, 15 top 10s, and 64 DNFs.
- Johnny Patterson drove the #58 Hudson in 20 races between 1952-1954, the most out of anyone in the number.
- Doug Moore made 13 starts in #58 between 1964 & 1965.
- In 1962 Johnny Allen made only 3 starts in #58. In those 3 starts he won a race, and led 178 laps.
- In 1999 Ricky Craven signed on with SBIII Motorsports, a brand new team in NASCAR. Though he won a Winston West race for the team and led 2 laps, after 12 starts and failing to qualify for the Coca Cola 600, Craven was replaced by Loy Allen for 3 races, Sean Woodside for 1 race, and ultimately Hut Stricklin for 9 races.
One week after the team announced a 4 year sponsorship deal with Motorsports Safety Technologies, Stricklin was released and the team shut down due to lack of funding. The company had written a check that bounced when cashed by the team.
- In 2007 James Hylton tried and failed to make the Daytona 500. James Hylton is mostly associated with #48, but that number was being used in 2007.
- Other notable names in #58:
- Tiny Lund, 2 starts
- Buck Baker, 1 start
- Jeff Purvis, 1 start
- Johnny Beauchamp, 1 start