In Sprint Cup Series competition, the #50 has 312 total starts with 74 drivers, 0 wins, 5 poles, 11 top 5s, 41 top 10s, and 149 DNFs.
- For the 1998 season Hendrick Motorsports changed the number of the #25 Budweiser Chevy to #50 in honor of NASCAR’s 50th anniversary. Ricky Craven drove the #25 car the previous year and began 1998 in the seat. After 4 races Wally Dallenbach and Randy Lajoie filled in for Craven when he missed several races due to concussion complications. Craven drove the car in 4 more races and won a pole at New Hampshire, but was permanently replaced by Dallenbach due to poor performance.
Ricky Craven would return to the #50 midway through 1999, the number now fielded by Midwest Transit Racing. Craven replaced Rookie Dan Pardus who only qualified for one race.
- Geoff Bodine drove #50 in the 1982 season for 24 starts.
- Greg Sacks drove #50 for 24 starts between 1987-1988
- Bruce Hill has 19 starts in #50 from 1979-1981.
- In 2012 Bill Elliott drove the #50 in a one off race at the July Daytona event for Turner Motorsports. It did not go well .
- In 2005 Jimmy Spencer made 9 starts driving part time for Arnold Motorsports. Derrike Cope, Todd Bodine, and P.J. Jones also drove for the team.
- AJ Foyt drove the 50 Car in 6 Cup races, the most recent being 1994 at the inaugural Brickyard 400.
- Other notable names in #50:
- Gober Sosebee, 12 races.
- Fred Lorenzen, 7 races
- Joe Millikan, 6 races
- Larry Foyt, 3 races
- Mike Wallace, 3 races
- Wendell Scott, 1 race
- Johnny Beauchamp, 1 race
- Al Unser, 1 race